Thursday, January 6, 2011

1st Lead Project Refelction

Relatively Motivational/ Make You Smile posters in the hallways

The school needed some jazzing up. I recruited a few classmates (Jenny Gao, Peter Keckemet, and Alex Williams) to help with the construction of some of these poster that will be hung later tomorrow.

How did it go?
Exceptionally well. I managed to come up with a number of poster slogans that are applicable to the school. They aren't necessarily motivational but will help students with identifying the quirks our school has, i.e. Is it cold in here? Or are you just at AHS? We had the tools we needed to construct rather nice posters pending our artistic ability. We ran out of time at the end of the day so the posters will have to be hung up tomorrow.

What would you do differently next time?
I would try to recruit more people to work on more posters that will cover more of the hallways. Lets face it, we need to cover up those lockers in order to forget about what we don't have. I felt like some of the slogans could work just as well as bumper stickers. I think we should really get the ball rolling on AHS PR.

Pictures?
I could take some as I we hang the posters and upload them later. Didn't really demand any pictures though.

Pros and Cons.
 I suppose a pro would be spreading AHS cheer and generally brightening student's days. However, some students or teachers may have a heart two sizes too small and criticize/be offended by some of the posters. It was enjoyable spreading the word of AHS through advertising. Again, we need more of it i.e. stickers, posters, hats, gym bags...

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of buttons and/or stickers w/ fun, positive messages...maybe this could be one of your projects for next semester?! :)

    ReplyDelete